KraussMaffei introduces new, comprehensive product naming system
- In future, KraussMaffei will name all products according to a uniform system across all technologies
- Customer benefit is the focus
- Service & spare parts supply for existing products remains guaranteed
(Munich, June 21, 2022) Starting with the new precisionMolding and powerMolding injection molding machines, the new precisionMixhead and the newly named purity recyclingLine (formerly edelweiss), KraussMaffei is introducing a new system for naming its products. Instead of independent approaches per technology area, machines and products will in future be named according to a uniform descriptive system.
"Product naming is an important lever in making the consolidation of the technology areas in the New Machines Division and the integration of digital services perceptible to our customers. Together, we can be the most powerful supplier on the market," says CEO Dr. Michael Ruf. More specifically, products and machines in the New Machines Division will in future receive one of four name suffixes:
- pioneer for lines and system solutions
- purity for products in the circular economy sector
- power for hydraulic injection molding machines and extruders
- precision for electric injection molding machines, automation and downstream products like mixing heads or pipe heads.
"The renaming gives us the opportunity to highlight the benefits of our machines and solutions even more clearly. Our customers can thus see the benefits for their business at first glance", states Michael Ruf.
"In addition, we wanted to give our products a stronger emotional appeal. That's why the new names with "p" at the beginning link to our brand claim 'Pioneering Plastics'", adds Eva März, Head of Brand Management & Strategy, who developed the concept together with an internal project team of product owners, legal and sales.
The renaming of existing products will take place gradually. After renaming, services will remain available as usual.
Head of Corporate Communications
Tel +49 (0)89 88 99 10 80
Fax +49 (0)89 88 99 30 92Mail to Uli Pecher